Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day + 203

Sorry for not updating since last Wednesday...
Dianna took a turn for the worse this weekend!
Saturday, April 18th-
Dianna's incision for the PD catheter began to leak fluid and was not pulling off all the fluid that was going into her abdomen; so the doctors decided to take her back into surgery to check for scar tissue and add more stitches around the catheter. Dianna had a hard time waking up so she was int abated and moved to PICU.
She began to breath on her own quickly, but they wanted to keep her over night.
Sunday, April 19th-
Dianna's incision for the PD Catheter began to leak again and she began to get an infection around the incision site.
Dianna had so much fluid in her body, that she looked like she could pop.
Also, Dianna's blood pressure dropped very low.
At this time the doctors came in to talk to us about our last options...
The doctors told us that she might not make it through the night!
We called in Dianna's family (thinking it might be to see her for the last time).
Monday, April 20th-
Dianna was taken into surgery again...
Thankfully the infection in her abdomen had began to clear so the doctor had more options on where to place the central line- it was placed in her right thigh and she was int abated again.
She was taken back to the PICU and began Dialysis.
The doctors are keeping her sedated while she was on so many machines.
Tuesday, April 21st-
Dianna was beginning to look better, she was not as swollen.
She was placed on a special air bed that keeps moving her body to help reduce sores on her back.
Wednesday, April 22nd-
Dianna was looking more like herself.
The doctors are beginning to reduce medications.
If she continues to do well...
the doctors may try the PD Dialysis again on Thursday or Friday.
Once she switches back to PD Dialysis; they will begin to wake Dianna.
PRAY that Dianna will continue to do better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! We are saying extra prayers for Dianna and your family!!
Lots of hugs and prayers!
Krisstina, Keith, Jo ( 19 yrs FA-A), Jacy (17 yrs FA-A), and Cameron
www.caringbridge.org/ks/jojacybox

Teresa said...

Oh my! That was a tear jerker. I CANNOT imagine how scary that was/is. Your family is in our prayers. Hang in there guys...Dianna, hang on. We pray that things improve for you.

Momma Bear said...

Praying for you all right now! I know you all had to be scared but God's grace is sufficient. God knows all. Praying for strength, courage, wisdom, and peace that only God can give you. Rest in HIS arms.

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Unknown said...

Brave? Little Darlin, you are braver than anybody I know and your half their size!!! I just wish I was half as brave as you and then to be so beautiful on top of that! I gathered the prayer warriors last night and we won't stop praying for you and your family. Brave? Yes, Dianna, you are the bravest of them all.

Love,
Kevin, Brenda, Dusty & JP Latham

K said...

I am in tears as I read your update! I can't even imagine.....

My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you all.

(((HUGS)))
Kayla

Debra C. said...

Diana,
I am deeply heartbroken to hear what you have been thru. I just found out about all you've gone thru yesterday, April 22nd and to say the least I was devastated! You are one BRAVE little sweetiepie and I love and miss you so much! Keep strong and remember we are all praying for you and your family and we know God will heal you! I'm trying to get in touch with mommy so I can come visit you! I want to give you a BIG BEAR HUG!!! I will continue to follow your page and updates and hopefully I'll be up to see you very soon! All my love sweetie and tell mommy and daddy hello for me. :o)
Mrs. Crisp

chocolateloving@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Dianna,
I am hoping and praying that everthing is going ok for you right now sweetie. You are such a strong willed little lady! I so enjoy seeing the pix of you smiling and being so happy!I know that you can pull through all this stuff. You have been thru so much! You are my HERO!
XOXOXOXO
Sarah

Charisse said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry I have not checked earlier. Isaac also took a bad turn after his surgery and I have been with him. However, the turn that Dianna took was heaps serious and that must have been so scary to not know if she would make it through the night. Praise the Lord, she did. It must be so frightening to watch this all happen and feel so helpless. We are praying for Dianna....we are praying.
Love Charisse