Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day + 302

Today was NOT a good day!
This morning Dianna had a "Code Blue"--
she stopped breathing and her heart stopped for a couple of minutes.

I was upstairs getting ready to come down to check on Dianna...
(during shift change- no one can go in or out of the ICU from 6:45-8:00)
About 7:55AM- I got a call from one of the nurses asking me to come down right now.
I could tell by the tone of her voice that it was not good.
Then I walked through the double doors of the ICU- I could see the crash cart in front of Dianna's room and a few nurses were standing there crying, saying to me "I am so sorry."
(I thought that Dianna was dead!)
Then I walked into her room it was full of doctors and nurses working on Dianna!
The ICU Doctor that was in charge called me over to her bed-
Everyone had to move around to let me through the crowd.
The doctor said that he got her back after just a couple of minutes.
He said that her breathing tube had gotten kinked, so she stopped breathing and her heart stopped.
Due to the stress on her body from this-
Dianna had to have large doses of Epi & NorEpi most of the day.
The doctors were not sure if she would make it through the day.
BUT- Dianna is doing a little better tonight-
the nurses have been able to reduce the amount of medication to keep her blood pressure up.
PLEASE PRAY that Dianna will pull through this.
She has been such a fighter!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dianna,

I know your mommy will read this to you so I am just reminding you that you are the bravest little girl I will ever meet in my lifetime. You keep fighting this thing and we will keep praying for you.

Love,
Kevin, Brenda, Dusty & JP Latham

Melissa G said...

Sending love and prayers!!! Thinking of you all!!

Unknown said...

Dear Nanette,

I am so sorry for all you and Dianna went through today!! What a scarey thing. I know that Dianna is a fighter and can pull through all of this. She has such a strong sweet spirit and so does her mother!! I will continue to keep both of you and all of your family in my prayers. Just remember that where two or more come together in His name, prayers are answered. He will never leave you nor forsake you!! God bless you and your precious Dianna.

Sending hugs,kisses and much love,
Miss Cynthia

Charisse said...

Hello Nanette,
That would have been very scary for your mummy heart. I am so glad that God pulled Dianna through that code. We are going to keep praying for Dianna, that she pulls through with no problems.
Love Charisse

Momma Bear said...

Nanette,

Our hearts and prayers are with you all during this difficult time. Hang in there and know that we love you all! Give Dianna a big hug from us and tell her to keep fighting!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Wesley's Mom said...

Sweet baby girl. You keep fighting. You have got to be one of strongest little girls I know.

Karlysmom said...

Praying praying praying!!!! And passing the word for others to pray too.....

Nanette I'm so sorry - how scary for you. Praing today is a better day!

hugs,
Nancy Ross
www.caringbridge.com/ca/karlyross

Kelly said...

Praying!!!!hugs and blessings!

Teresa said...

You guys are in our prayers. I can't imagine how terrifying that was for you. We pray that the Lord will bless you with peace and comfort during all of these difficult times...and that Dianna will be healed and can go home!

You both have been through so much. Big huge hugs.

Love/God bless,
Teresa

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Nanette,
I don't post often but have followed Dianna from the beginning. She is in our prayers daily as well as all of you. Dianna has a strong will and has prevailed through so much. I have faith that He will hear our pleas for her well being.
Sending love and hugs,
Mary Ann Fiaschetti
another FA mom