Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day + 94 (Total # of days in hospital= 103)


WEDNESDAY- 12/31/08:
Dianna is still refusing to take a Blood Pressure Medications.
Also, she is not eating. :-(
She is depressed/mad and all she wants to do is lay in bed and sleep. :-(
If Dianna would start eating she could go HOME!
Blood Work:
white blood cells: 2.4, red blood cells: 2.88, HGB: 8.5, Platelets: 11, ABS Neut: 1.440
THURSDAY- 01/01/09:
Again today, Dianna will not eat or take her blood pressure meds.
If I ask her to eat or take her meds, she cries or gets mad. :-(
All she wants to do is sleep. :-(
FRIDAY- 01/02/09:
The doctors are getting worried about depression.
Dr. Lenarsky said Dianna could go down stairs and outside (in a wheelchair without an IV) today- if she would like to. :-)
Dianna said OK, so we walked outside and went to each gift shop in the hospital. :-)
I think Dianna was going thou shopping withdraw. :-)
She was very tired by the time we got back to her room, but seemed to have a good time.
Blood Work:
White blood cells: 2.1, Red blood cells: 3.19, HGB: 9.5, Platelets: 85, ABS Neut: 1.512
SATURDAY:- 01/03/09:
Dianna STILL not eating or taking medications (except Prograf). :-)
This morning she was dehydrated, Dr. Lenarsky doubled the amount of IV fluid.
For the afternoon, Dianna went outside for another walk (the weather was great) and looked around a gift shop.
She also sat in the play area. **SEE PICTURE ABOVE** :-)
When she got back to her room, Dianna had too much IV fluid. :-(
She had to have laxes for the swelling.
Also, because of the extra fluid it caused her line to come loose from her port. :-(
Dianna had to have a new line inserted. :-(
She was NOT happy!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Dianna,
I was reading your mom's post (I get exited when I see that your mom has posted an update, cuz I love to read about your progress and hope that there is a picture in the post) I was reading that you got to go shopping, that is one of my favorite things to do, even window shopping is great to me. I read sometimes for a while and go back to the older posts and I see how far you have come and it amazes me how strong you are. I know that the medicines and some foods are not your favorite things that you have to take, but if you take your medicine and eat just enough to gain some strength, you will be home soon, and I cannot wait to read the post that your mom will write on that day. You know, I have never been to camp sunshine, but I would like to go this year if you could be there, just to meet you. Please keep your chin up and smile, you are almost done in the hospital, then you can go home and I know that day will be soon.
Hugs to you Dianna,
Sarah

Toni Smith said...

Dear Dianna,

I love reading your moms posts and seeing new pictures of you. I got so excited the other day when she said that you could be coming home soon; and I started thinking about how much I miss seeing you at church. I miss seeing you walk pass the coffee bar with that little sassy smile. I miss seeing all the cute shoes that you wear but I especially miss you! I hope you can eat and take your medicines so that we can see your beautiful smile at First Baptist Church soon. You are prayed for, loved and missed there. Love Toni Smith

Neta said...

Good Morning Dianna
I am glad to hear that you are able to go down stairs & go thru the shops. Did you get some sunshine on Saturday? It sure was a nice day.When you get home Ms Maxine & I will bring you Ice Cream what ever flavors you like. We sure hope that will be very soon.
Hugs
Ms Neta & Ms Maxine

Unknown said...

Ms. Dianna,

I am so happy that you are almost well enough to go home! I just left church and the sermon was one I think I should share with you. Brother Ken talked about Phillipians 4:13. It says, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." We the days seem dark, tell satan to LEAVE YOU ALONE! You are a child of God and He is busy working on you. You are a very precious gift to all of us, especially your family. I am going to pray today for you to find a new attitude and continue to get well so you can come home because we all miss you.

Love,

Kevin, Brenda, Dusty and JP Latham

MarMar said...

Dianna,

I loved seeing the pictures of your family at Christmas...I want you to explain the photo of the boys in the boxers...haha....I bet that was fun and it will be a Christmas that you will always remember, but now it is time for you to get strong and ready to go home. Try to do your best to eat and do what the doctors tell you. You have had a long time in the hospital and I am sure that it isn't fun most of the time, but you are now getting close to going home! I celebrate your strength and courage to go through this, so just keep it up, so you can come over and see Biscuit....he is waiting for you to come play! Take care and hug your mom for us....we love and miss you......Martha Howe and family

Ms. Donna said...

Little Miss Dianna,
I'm so glad your mom gives us all an update on your progress as well as your setbacks so that we know what to pray for. Where is that sassy young lady I know??? What did you do with her? We want her back RIGHT NOW. (I'm just giving you a hard time). We all love you so much and we want you to come home, go back to school and church and you can't do that if you don't do what they tell you. I know you have the determination inside of you and you can do it. Stay strong and know that God is walking right beside each and everyone of us and with God ANYTHING is possible. Now, get a smile on that pretty little face of yours and say out loud, "I can do it".

All my Love,
Ms. Donna

Toni Smith said...

Hi Dianna,

It's Toni Smith again. Just wanted you to know that Mr. Mike from church says hi. He also says to hurry up and get better because he is tired of cleaning the church without you. Also, AJ says to send his love and he says to HURRY UP and get better. We all miss you so very much. Take care & look forward to seeing you soon. Much love, Toni

Donetta said...

Dear Dianna, I have been having trouble with my email/internet so just now catching up with you. Love seeing the pictures!! I love to hear that you are doing better. Another step towards coming home. Not hungry or are you just tired of hospital food? I can understand that, but even if it is not the things you like most, try to eat it. It really will make you stronger. Sorry, you are probably getting tired of hearing that, so I am going to just pray that you will eat a little bit today and then a little bit tomorrow. Then you'll be going shopping at the mall real soon!
Love, Donetta

Teresa said...

Dianna,

You are such a precious young lady! I can't imagine everything you are going through. It takes one tough person to do what you're doing and to go through what you are going through.

I'm sure you have plenty of people telling you what to do about your medicine, so I'll leave that to them for now. But I wanted to thank you for letting us come and see you in November. We've wanted to come and visit you again, but Emma has seriously been sick since just a couple days after our visit! She keeps getting sick with one thing after another. She still talks about you, and I have to thank you for what you mean to her. She loves that you guys have the same hands. She talks about it a lot. Whenever she talks about her hands, she always then adds "Dianna has no thumbs like me!". You're someone special to her. Maybe next time she'll actually talk when we see you again!

Dianna, I wish I could give you a big hug. You've been through SO much, and I have to say how proud of you we are!

Do you have a favorite meal?

Big hugs/Love,
Teresa & Emma