Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day + 245

TODAY--
Dianna opened her eyes and is talking!!!
(It really makes her tired quickly, but it is so great to hear her try to speak.)
The first thing she said to me this morning was--
I love you
and
I want to go home
(I started to cry)
I told her that I loved her and that I want to go home!
Next Dianna was upset that she could not move her hands/arms...
(she is so weak from lying in bed for so long)
I picked up her hand so she could see it, then placed it on her stomach with her blanket.
I told her that we would start doing some exercises with her arms.
(She is OK with that for now)
Also Today--
The doctors have reduced the amount of oxygen that Dianna is receiving from the ventilator.
(I am praying that Dianna will be able to have the vent tube removed soon.)
**Keep the PRAYERS coming-- Thank you!!!**

7 comments:

Unknown said...

GO DIANA!!!!
You are so brave and strong. You keep fighting and we will keep praying!!!! YEAH GOD!!!

Charisse said...

YES! Go Dianna! What awesome and exciting news. Praise the Lord! We will keep praying!
Love Charisse

Teresa said...

Your posts seem to almost always make me cry. How amazing she woke up and spoke...I bet it was like music to your ears! I hope she regains strength soon and can move more easily. You guys are in our prayers.

Much love,
Teresa & Emma

Unknown said...

Yeah Dianna!!!!! I am so thrilled that you are doing better and feel like talking again!! You go wonder girl!!!! Keep plugging away and maybe you will be home before you know it:) You and your mom are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. We need to get you home so that Miss Julie and I can come see you with Tonto the pony.... Hope you have a good day tomorrow honey and that you will feel better with each passing day. Sending my love to you and your mom. Miss Cynthia

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that Dianna is doing better! Keep up the good work sweetie.
Hugs,
Sarah

Julie Barbier said...

Our prayers are going up for you and I feel that GOD has blessed you with the joy of Dianna's voice. It does take the body a while to bounce back from intubation. Take care and GOD bless you.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/justinbarbier
FA/Louisiana