Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day + 269

Dianna continues to get stronger each day. :-)
She is still on the Ventilator, but the Respiratory Therapist has been doing tests and exercises to check the strength of Dianna's lungs.
(Her lungs are still a little weak, but getting stronger.)
The Shingles on her leg are almost gone...
so now Dr. Goldman & Dr. Quan are talking to the Surgeon about the new dialysis access.
They hoped that the surgeon would be able to complete her surgery next week.
After Dianna recovers, she could try to have the ventilator removed.
*Dianna asks me everyday if she can take the tube out of her nose. :-(
I am praying that the next surgery goes smoothly and she can get off the ventilator very soon.

4 comments:

Charisse said...

I am so glad that Dianna is getting stronger by the day. It is a long process! We are still praying for Dianna here and will continue to.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Unknown said...

Hey there sweetie!!! I am so glad to hear that you are getting stronger and better each day!!! I have been out of town for the past week, but have been keeping up with your progress from my phone. So glad that you are feeling better and that those nasty old shingles are almost gone!!!!! My father and brother have both had those and they are no fun! Just know that I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so proud of you and what a fighter you are!!! Hope will have a good day today honey. Tell mom that I said hello, and I am sending lots of hugs and kisses your way. God bless you sweetheart and take care!!!!
Love always,
Miss Cynthia

Teresa said...

That's great she is improving! What a little fighter! What a long journey you guys are on. It's wonderful that things are still improving. I hope and pray the next surgery goes well and that she can have the tube out of her nose soon.

Lots of love,
Teresa & Emma
PS: my hubby is a respiratory therapist...worked as one for 10 years and now manages that dept at a Baylor hospital.

Momma Bear said...

(((Huggers)))
Great news that your lungs are getting stronger! Don't surprise me though, you are a great little warrior!