Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day + 312

Good News! :-)
Dianna is OFF the oscillator and back on the ventilator...
doctors are still running blood gases to be sure the her oxygen & CO2 stay at good levels.
She is still having issues with her blood pressure, but I hope that gets better soon.
*Dianna (& Mom) need MORE GOOD DAYS!* :-)

8 comments:

Brad and your Moroch Friends! said...

Dianna:
I am SOOOOO happy to hear that you are off the oscillator. I don't know if you parents told you or not, but I hope to come and visit you on Monday. I'm bringing my guitar and have a special concert surprise just for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Brad

Unknown said...

Hey Miss Dianna,

Yeah!!!!! I am so happy that things are picking up!! I knew you could do it!! I know what a strong spirit you have and what a fighter you are!! I am soooo proud of you!!!!! :-) I hope that you and your mom continue to have more good days ahead!! I miss seeing you so much and miss that wonderful laugh of yours!! Maybe I can come down and see you again and even get Miss Julie to come with me. I know that she would love to see you too!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers sweetie as well as your dear sweet mom and all of your family!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow and get to feeling better with each passing day!!! God bless you :-)

Sending hugs,kisses and much love,
Miss Cynthia

Karlysmom said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! I'm so happy to hear your good news!!! Many more better days to come...
God Bless,
Nancy Ross

Elias! said...

What a way to start the day! I love reading great news like this. We knew Dianna had the spirit to beat this set back and so glad it can offer you some relief if even just a tiny bit. Take care and know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for continued improvement and better days ahead.

Hua said...

That is very good news! I was reading several post and was pushing for her and to see a post like this. Hope you have many more good news to come! I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Martha Shultz said...

Thank you God for a good day! Praise Him whom ALL blessings flow. We love you Dianna!

The Buddy Shultz family

Unknown said...

Well, I could swear I already posted a comment but I don't see it. Praying that yesterday and today have been GOOD DAYS!
Love, Holly

Charisse said...

Praying for more good days :-)
Love Charisse