Welcome to Dianna's webpage.

It has been provided to keep friends and family updated on her life with Fanconi anemia (FA).

Dianna was diagnosed with FA in April 1998.

FA causes aplastic anemia (bone marrow failure), as well as many different types of cancers.

She had a few of the obvious signs of FA: missing both thumbs, deaf in her right ear, very small for her age, and had corrective surgery at birth on her intestines.

Dianna had a sibling donor bone marrow transplant at Medical City Dallas, TX.


Transplant date: October 1, 2008

Dianna went to heaven September 1, 2009

HOME:

126 Edgewood Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Phone #: 972-436-4816

Normal Blood Count Range:
White blood count: (normal 4.5-13.5)
Red blood count: (normal 4.0-5.20)
HGB: (normal 11.5-15.5)
Platelets: (normal 140-440)
ABS NEUT#: (normal 1.50-6.50)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day + 333

Dianna had a good week, except for issues from withdraw...
The doctors are weaning Dianna off the pain/sedation medications,
but she is having withdraw from being on so much medication for so long. :-(
The doctors have given her methadone to help,
but she is still having shakes, fever, upset stomach (poor baby!)
It looks like Dianna is getting close to a removal of the ventilator tube.
(It may be not work, but I hope that the doctors will at least let her try to breathe on her own.)
Thanks again for ALL the prayers!!!

7 comments:

Charisse said...

Hello Nanette,
I feel bad for Dianna having to go through those withdrawal symptoms. She is such a strong girl. Please give her my love. We are still praying for her! .....and for you!
Lots of love,
Charisse

Unknown said...

Go Dianna!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus!!!!!
Hang tough Nanette! Hang tough!

Unknown said...

Hey Nanette,
That is so awesome that Dianna had such a good week!!! She is such a little fighter and I am So Proud of her!! I am so sorry she is going through the withdrwal symptoms, but hopefully that won't last long! It would be wonderful to get her off the ventilator and I know you would love that too!! Will continue with heavy prayer for her and you, and for all the family as well. As always, God is in control!!!

Please give Dianna hugs and kisses from me. Tell her that Tonto the pony, Miss Julie and I are all waiting to come see her!!!!!

Sending hugs and much love,
Muss Cynthia

Momma Bear said...

Praying for you all during this difficult time....

Love you....

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Charisse said...

Hello Nanette,
Teresa let me know of the news. I am deeply sorry to hear about Dianna passing. I am very sorry and I know your heart must be hurting so much. I feel so saddened. I am really sorry. Please know that we are praying for strength and peace for you. Praying that Jesus surrounds you with His love. He is doing that but praying you will feel His love. Love you so much my sweet.
(((HUGS))) Dianna was amazing. She fought so hard! She is still amazing.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Unknown said...

We will never meet a braver little girl. We love you and will miss you terribly, Little Darlin.

Patti Carter and Austin Jaros-Riley said...

Dear Nanette and Family,

I am so sorry to hear that Dianna has lost her battle to this terrible disease. She was an amazing and courageous fighter and it breaks my heart to hear this news. I read this news at work and have been fighting back the tears and sadness that I am feeling right now. I know how difficult this is for all of you as I lost my son many years ago but remember it like it was just yesterday. There are no words that I can say to take away the pain and sadness you are feeling right now but I will be praying for God to hold all of you and comfort you as much as possible and to carry Dianna to her "special place" in heaven with all of our other FA Angels. She will be missed dearly but never forgotten and will remain with all of you in your hearts forever. Dianna touched many hearts as well and will be remembered by so many others too. We are all here in support and prayers for all of you if you need us. I really hate all the pain that comes with this disease especially for the FA patients but also for their families and friends. Dianna was and is a "special gift" given to everyone who met her and is no longer having to suffer just to live. Rest peacefully little Dianna!! We love and will remember you always....

Patti Carter and Austin Jaros-Riley
St. Louis, MO